First Colony Bible Chapel Online Study
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://fcbcstudy.board-directory.net

Introduction to Ephesians Study Empty Introduction to Ephesians Study

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:18 pm
A couple of questions to start things off:

1. Can you think of something that’s a regular part of your life, but you really don’t understand how it works?
  2. Does it bother you that you don’t understand it? Does that keep you from using it?

Please post your answers to these questions...

The Bible has many things that seem mysterious. We may have trouble understanding them but they are still real and important.

Please READ Ephesians 1:1-14

WATCH
Session 1:   Ephesians 1:1-14
Cameron98

Introduction to Ephesians Study Empty Re: Introduction to Ephesians Study

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 pm
I use electricity constantly, everyday, but I don't know how it makes all our devices run. It doesn't particularly bother me not knowing how it works, as long as it does (in fact, I'm using it right now).
ben.thomas

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:21 am
I had to think about this question for a while because I generally like to have a basic understanding of things I use regularly. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it's practically impossible for a single person to have an intricate understanding of anything in their lives that is sufficiently complex. For example, I have a very limited understanding of how my car works but I doubt that a single person who worked on the car knows every single detail of the car either. The mechanical engineer who worked on the car chassis probably does not know the intricate details of the CAN messaging protocol that the electrical engineers developed.

Additionally, when you dig deep enough into any physical phenomena, you reach a point where it isn't fully understood by science. We know that gravity exists and understand how it works but science can't explain exactly why it exists. (There are theories but you can ask the same "why" there too--e.g. why does space-time bend around mass?).

While I do like to have a basic or even intermediate understanding of the things I use regularly, it doesn't bother me that I don't have a full understanding of it. Although the knowledge of many things are available in the world, you can only go so deep before encountering the realms of philosophy. The mysterious parts of the Bible have definitely bothered me in the past but I eventually came to this same conclusion. While I will strive to understand the best I can, I know that there are some things that I will not be able to understand, at least in this life. The important thing is understanding and believing in the core message of the Bible: salvation.
Kevin Alex

Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 am
I drive my car almost everyday and there are definitely a lot of things about how my car works that i don't know, but i think i have a general understanding of how it works, and that i will know when its not working how its supposed to work.
It doesn't necessarily bother my that i do not know the inner workings of a car, and i don't think i will stop driving as a result of it.
Admin
Admin
https://fcbcstudy.board-directory.net

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:39 pm
Thanks very much for your responses.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum